Our Churches

The South Cleley Benefice of Potterspury with Furtho and Yardley Gobion with Cosgrove and Wicken is set in the heart of the South Northamptonshire countryside. We have as our mission statement “Worship in unity, Reach out in Charity, Serve the Community and Proclaim Reality.”

Benefice History
The Parish of Potterspury, Furtho and Yardley Gobion came into being in 1920. Cosgrove
joined in the late 1970’s. A Benefice was created in 1983/4. In 1990 St. Bartholomew’s
church at Furtho was closed and vested in the Churches Conservation Trust. Wicken joined the Benefice in 2003 after a long vacancy and a re-organisation of boundaries. More details about the individual parishes are given on their web pages.